Measures to counter winter storms
Personal and preventive measures
- Secure free-standing objects (garden furniture, bicycles etc.) or move them to a sheltered place.
- Do not stay in forests during and after storms.
- Close windows, attic windows etc.
- Stay away from objects at risk from falling (loose roof tiles, breaking branches etc.).
- The maintenance of roofs, windows and facades can prevent storm damage.
- Avoid open parts of buildings that are very exposed to the wind force (large canopies/awnings, open barns).
- The effects of wind erosion can be reduced through the planting of rows of trees and bushes.