Measures against forest fires
- Refrain from lighting fires outside and using fireworks during periods of drought.
- Leave areas directly threatened by forest fires using well planned escape routes.
Technical and organisational measures
- The water supply in areas at risk must be optimised so that the capacity to fight forest fires can be guaranteed.
- Buildings can be protected against fire through the construction of fire-proof roofs.
- The constantly improving weather and wind forecasts must be used to evacuate people as early as possible from areas at risk from forest fires.