Volcano safety measures
- In the event of an eruption, leave the area at risk using well-planned escape routes.
- Avoid areas that may be at risk from secondary effects of volcanic eruptions (e.g. landslides, earthquakes, tsunami etc.).
- Follow instructions issued by the authorities.
- Complicated and costly deviation of lava flows away from settlement areas
- The eruption of well studied and monitored volcanoes, for example Stromboli, can be forecast successfully. The timely evacuation of the population can be guaranteed as a result.