A secure setting in which to live and do business is a prerequisite for prosperity and quality of life. However, there is no such thing as absolute security. Natural events can threaten people, material assets and a country’s economic vitality, as demonstrated by recent loss events such as the floods of 2005. By implementing this strategy, Switzerland will secure its living and economic environment for the long term.
- Switzerland addresses natural hazards with a risk-oriented approach
- Switzerland practices a comprehensive risk culture
- Integrated risk management involves all actors
- Natural hazards are managed in a spirit of solidarity
- Knowledge of natural hazards and risks is up-to-date and accessible
- Risk management takes into account all aspects of sustainability